Glacier National Park is a great park to visit. It is a location that one can travel to for many different reasons. The park itself can be reached via hiking trails. There are also a number of facilities and activities located nearby. One can even take a bus tour that will allow them to reach various destinations. Here are some tips for hiking around the area.
– Glacier National Park is best visited in the spring and fall. The park is open year round. However, Going-to-The-Sun Road, the major thoroughfare around the park, is only opened during the summer months (usually from mid-June to mid October). If you wish to travel to Glacier National Park by hiking or by taking the bus, you will need to schedule your visit during this window of available time.
– The best time to visit Glacier National Park in the summer is between June and August. The Park is very popular at this time of year because of its long weekend and extended vacation weeks. While the temperatures may still be in the high seventies during these months, June and August are consistently well below the norm for July and August. June and July temperatures are still best avoided. If temperatures are extremely high, it is best to dress in layers as the afternoon heat is not bearable.
– Many Glacier National Park lodges are located at various sites throughout the national park. Some of the most popular include Bright Angel Lodge, Bridal Veil Creek Lodge and Sunflower Gap Lodge. These are great places to stay if you are visiting in June or July. All three of these locations are within a reasonable driving distance to the famous Glacier Point.
– Although you may decide to spend one day or two hiking on the mountain trail around Glacier Point, another good option is one day hiking around the nearby town of Bright Angel. This is a great way to explore what is left of the town’s old growth forests. Visiting Bright Angel is also another great way to learn about the local history and the wildlife that can be found in the area. If you are planning to camp at one of the many Glacier National Park campgrounds, it is important to check with the campground to see when the camping season is. The majority of campgrounds have a reservation system so that the reservations are guaranteed for each night.
– When going to Glacier National Park in September or early October, the best time to visit is in the spring. This is the off season for the park, so the crowds are significantly smaller than they would be in other months. There are several different activities you can do while you are in the spring, and one is trekking up to the top of Mount Everest. If you are an experienced climber, then you should be able to complete this trek without any trouble. However, if you are a beginner or if it has never been your first time going up the mountain, then the Glacier Point Hiking Trail should be a safe and enjoyable experience. It starts near the parking lot for the Glacier Point Visitor Center and leads hikers along a rough path towards the summit.
– Hiking around the continental divide is another popular activity in Glacier National Park. There are several different trails you can take through the forest that will give you a taste of wilderness and beautiful scenery. Some of these trails include Horsetail Falls, West Glacier Creek, Polar Bear Loop, and Sunshine Pass, all of which offer hiking adventures through one of the nation’s most unique natural formations. There are also numerous easy hikes around the West Glacier that will allow you to get close to wildlife as you follow the path of the continental divide.
The above mentioned activities are just some of the options available for Glacier National Park day trips. The best way to decide what to do and when to do it is to use an online travel guide or your local National Park agent. They will be able to help you determine how long your stay will be, which trail to take, and what to bring. You should also consider the seasons when visiting Glacier National Park. For instance, it is much busier in May and June, so those are the times when most day trips are offered.