KYGN – At a glance Facts and Stats

KYGN – At a glance Facts and Stats

So I’m well in to blogging the story of our involvement with the KYGN School in Tanzania, and as I write this the date of our departure is a mere three weeks away. Exciting!

I’ve covered in no small detail all aspects of our preparation for the trip, and have discussed KYGN too. But I thought it would be handy to give a bit more information about KYGN and the rationale behind what they do in an easily digestible format, and so here are some at a glance facts and stats about this remarkable school we are building a library for this summer…

the area

kygn1

PROJECT PROGRESS

kygn2

what they need TO CARRY ON

kygn3

…AND finally – WHY DO THEY NEED A LIBRARY?

Literacy Graphic

(Source – United Nations)

• Erika Bisbocci

June 21, 2016 at 7:45 pm Reply

Great work that you are involved with! I lived in Namibia for a year and taught at a school there. Building up the library was one of my biggest projects (though I didn’t actually BUILD the library…just brought in more books).

Keep up the great work!
    Erika Bisbocci recently posted…St Lucia on a Budget: Around SoufriereMy Profile

June 21, 2016 at 8:30 pm Reply

Thanks Erika. Great job working in Namibia and building up the school library at the place you were involved in! Will have to check out your website to read more about it. Thanks for stopping by πŸ™‚

• Katharina

June 23, 2016 at 1:51 pm Reply

I am super impressed. I did consider this type of “holiday” for a while. But chickened out. thought I would lose my job if I took the time off. You are doing a great thing! Good luck building the library

June 23, 2016 at 5:51 pm Reply

Thank you very much Katharina πŸ™‚ I’m lucky because I work in a school so can go during school holidays for lengthier periods of time. Hopefully one day you’ll get the chance, but totally understand that it isn’t easy…

• Nikki

July 7, 2016 at 7:23 pm Reply

Thanks for sharing these facts, it really does help put things into perspective and hammers home why work like this is important. I am really looking forward to following along with the rest of your project.

July 8, 2016 at 3:52 pm Reply

Thanks Nikki πŸ™‚ Nothing like solid facts to make your point, I guess! I will be sure to tell the rest of the story when I get back…

• Vyjay

August 24, 2016 at 2:44 pm Reply

Hats off to you! πŸ™‚ All the best for the library.

August 24, 2016 at 3:00 pm Reply